Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wishes

I can be rather cynical at times, but deep inside I have always been a romantic.

So in spite of my loneliness, or perhaps because of it, I have recently begun making a wish whenever the clock reads 11:11. I usually close my eyes and think very strongly a line from the Sondheim musical Company:

'You've got to love somebody, not somebody.'

I have also chosen as my personal anthem lately the song Being Alive, also from Company. Below are my two favorite versions of the song.

First, the original Broadway cast recording, with the incredibly talented Dean Jones:


And secondly, the round version from the 1999 Broadway run of Putting It Together, with George Hearn, Carol Burnett, Bronson Pinchot, Ruthie Henshall, and John Barrowman:


Did I mention that I love them all immensely?

Especially John Barrowman. He's just plain pretty.

-PW

No comments: